The popular Food Village was back by popular demand and showcased all locally produced goods from 12 noon on The Fairgreen on Saturday June 25th 2016. The market style event hosted a range of local food & artisan producers which were all been sampled and sold on the day.
This group of local food producers represent the very best in local artisan produce. Promoting diversity of fresh and natural foods in today's marketplace where 'sameness' is the order of the day.
Come and browse the stalls of this exciting group of Westport producers, taste their wares, meet the producers, and experience the producers talking first hand about their products.
The Food & Fringe Village is tipped to be the busiest weekend event with several spectacular displays from exhibitors as well as an exciting schedule of live demonstrations every hour.
This is a wonderful family friendly event which will be sure to boast an electric atmosphere provided by this group of passionate and slightly madcap producers. Local musicians will provide entertainment throughout the day.
Click the images in the gallery above to look through some of the pictures from last year's Food Village.
Entry to the Food Village is Free.
Food Village - Saturday June 25th - Venue: The Fairgreen
Markets from 12pm to 6pm
Live Demonstrations on the hour from 12noon:
- 12pm: Stefan Matz - Head Chef at Delphi Resort and creator of ‘The Chefs Table’ unique dining experience.
- 1pm: Áine Maguire - Chef/Propietor of The Idle Wall Restaurant at The Quay which specialises in local, seasonal, fresh and foraged produce with a focus on traditional Irish food.
- 2pm: Catherine Leydon - Affectionately known as ‘The Odlums Lady’, Catherine will showcase a selection of fantastic recipes from delicious classic favourites to tasty new treats.
- 3pm: Shane Smith - Renowned Pastry Chef having worked and ran the pastry sections in some of Ireland’s leading 5* hotels and restaurants.
- 4pm: Kevin Kennedy - A cocktail masterclass with the award winning mixologist and former ‘Most Imaginative Bartender in Ireland’.